NOTE: ALL "secret cheat codes" or "developer codes" that claim to give you money, gold, or power are FAKE. Click here for more info...

Author Topic: A little advice on not being scammed  (Read 8186 times)

ooo lah lah

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
A little advice on not being scammed
« on: April 22, 2014, 03:20:59 PM »
When you're ready to close the deal on a new account, make sure you have screenshots of the entire conversation and NEVER delete the conversation. When you go through PayPal, there is a choice between "I'm paying for goods or services" and "I'm sending money to family or friends", always choose the  "I'm paying for goods or services" no matter what the seller tells you. And right before you send the money, there will be an option to send a message to the seller that would be attached to the payment, this will act as your receipt. Simply just write "Modern War account" and then the Alliance ID number of the account you're buying.
If you follow this, you should have no problem at all getting your money back from the scammer. I hope this helps some of you

Bug

• New Recruit
  • Bug. 209991002
    • View Profile
Re: A little advice on not being scammed
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 01:30:26 AM »
Thanks buddy,., your a champion for thinkin about the newbies to all of this. Scammers everywhere now days.. Good to know there's some who try to help beat em..
Is that an African, or a European swallow?

MW player

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 09:39:35 AM »
That is a good advice for account buyer ooo lah lah.

But what about the risk to account seller? (Let's say the buyer gets the profile and then raise refund request in paypal)

This is not a hypothetical situation one of my friend sold his 200$ profile and before he could claim the money, the buyer put a request in paypal and now it has been close to 2 months where paypal has put the money on hold.

Since account trading is against terms and no one can track its transaction, you cannot do anything with gree/paypal in case of dispute and the only affected guy in the whole process is seller who loses his account and also gets no money, while the buyer can claim the money from paypal/credit card company.

In my opinion, I have been on both sides (buyer/seller) and both of them have their own risks and it is only personal belief and integrity which matters. At end it depends on whom you are dealing with. If the stats and the asking price dont make sense better to be watchful.

Scoobie

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 09:48:40 AM »
What about the sellers that received the transfer of money and stop replying to messages.  Then continues to make deals with others trying to sell the same account that was supposedly sold???  I do agree that sellers have risks but in order for it to work properly each the buyer and seller need to be honest and follow thru with deals.

ooo lah lah

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 11:56:01 AM »
Mw player, yes the seller can also come across a scammer as well and steal their account, and it is not impossible to lose your money. But when you request a refund through PayPal, they have you first email the email in which the seller was using for their PayPal account. And they base whether or not it's a legitimate claim by how the seller responds, usually they grant the buyer a refund if the seller doesn't respond or seems uncooperative to resolve the issue. But if your friend never received an email from the person trying to scam him, you should have him post what happened and how he's going about it now. I believe there is no fail-safe way of not getting burned when dealing with an unknown seller/buyer, all we can do is stack the odds in our favor

ooo lah lah

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »
Scoobie, go to this link and read it. Once you're done, top right corner, click on the resolution center link.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ406&m=HTQ

Scoobie

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 01:11:05 PM »
Thanks I already have opened a complaint with paypal

Bug

• New Recruit
  • Bug. 209991002
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 08:12:04 PM »
Good luck scoobie.... Out of decency, I have held-off with the purchase of that same account... Until I get an ID number and a PROFILE name, (which it can confirm with gree)  , I won't be doing any deal...
... That guy says he HAS Refunded you... Can you confirm that??   If so, then yeah, I WILL buy it... But otherwise, I will hold off ok.
Is that an African, or a European swallow?

SN1

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 08:24:38 PM »
Hey guys, just be careful buying accounts right now.  I hope you realize the ability to transfer accounts via devices has been down for about the past week, so the only way to do it is by opening a ticket with Gree.  My understanding is that Gree has been working on fixing it but they have not been able to do it.

Scoobie

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 08:12:16 AM »
No refund. He escalated the complaint to a claim saying he has sent everything he needs.  Which if he did why is he still trying to sell it to others????

Eagle

• New Recruit
  • **USER IS BANNED**
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 02:37:51 PM »
This is a very good post.  Thanks for posting, ooo lah.  Maybe there needs to be a reputable seller/buyer rating on here like on Ebay and Amazon.

MW player

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 07:41:57 AM »
Guys, lot of time the price of profile is way highly quoted (5x or more) and the final price is never known.

May be if buyer/seller of a profile could post the final price after they buy/sell their profile in their thread it might give some benchmark for future buyers. (or) if we can have a new thread called price guidance where past buyers can post the current going rates against stats/lvl

Since this is a virtual item and with hyper-inflation going on, stats and matching price's seem to change very soon. Some guideline's should be good.

Leethalweapon

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 09:45:37 AM »
I am looking to buy an account but the guy insists that he wants to transfer it to a new device so it is easier transaction. Does anyone think this is dodgy????

ooo lah lah

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 01:58:09 PM »
@Leethalweapon, I don't think it matters too much what device the account is on, but the older the device is, the more likely GREE won't support it in the future. And there are some devices that GREE will not support right now, so he might be trying to keep you from being f*cked by GREE. If you can download the app and play it, it's still supported by GREE. And btw, the Funzio transfer is still down i believe

MW player

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 07:57:53 AM »
For all sellers, don't post snaps with id/name in forum thread, it is public and your account might get banned if someone passes the info to gree.

Only send snaps of your name/id through pm to desired buyers.