NOTE: ALL "secret cheat codes" or "developer codes" that claim to give you money, gold, or power are FAKE. Click here for more info...

Author Topic: A little advice on not being scammed  (Read 8187 times)

rob111

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: A little advice on not being scammed
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 01:34:17 PM »
do we know if personal transfer is up and running yet?? on fuzio

Big K

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 01:57:16 PM »
May be stupid question but does anyone know if you buy an account can the seller go back later on put a ticket in and steal the account back?

ooo lah lah

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 02:10:25 PM »
May be stupid question but does anyone know if you buy an account can the seller go back later on put a ticket in and steal the account back?
Highly unlikely, they'd have to know the last time 'you' logged on and know the recent gold purchases as well. If you're scared of that happening, buy a little gold when you recieve the account.

Kegz

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »
as someone who has sold several accts through this forum i would like to point out 2 things

!. If there is going to be a thread about scamming buyers in fairness there should be one to tell trusted sellers as         the charge of goods vs gift on paypal takes away from asking price of seller. Also it will help transactions go faster to know the "feeling" out stage is not needed for a buyer

2. If you are going to send payment as a good instead of gift then atleast be courteous enough to pay the surcharge in doing so. It amts to a tax charge basically and when you go shopping the stores do not pay the tax for you.

Thanks and enjoy the game

mikeh20

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2014, 12:51:56 AM »
Kegs I have done that before we both protected ourselves so I only had to pay half on good faith and payed the rest when I got the account. I paid the first half as a good and second half as a gift so it helped us both. Another way to know the account is real is simple. Have them add you as a allie. If they can't do that tell them to get bent.

Roadrunner89

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 12:01:07 PM »
This is all a very good conversation but you still need to be careful PayPal only have a 45day money back policy i have seen members get an account have it for 45days and boom next day turn the device on and it's gone . Never knew where it was gone or what happened till a message was sent to gree looking for it back got it back and the guy constantly takes it back now that sold it so try make sure the account is legit by possibly speaking to other mw members that know them if possible as the ppl I know have now no account and no cash but I do believe most traders are honest !

Kegz

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 12:19:43 PM »
you can stop this by changing un/pw after recieving it. On android just go to manage apps> modern war> clear data. Then open game and create new id and password. On ios backup game just incase, uninstall, and reinstall. Create new password.  Hope this helps.

Kegz

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 12:23:50 PM »
Also someone already mentioned but buying a bit of gold as soon as you get it helps too.  Then you will have receipt with everything you need to claim acct.

Roadrunner89

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »
Thanks Kegs this was all done and still managed to take the account as the original owner is the official owner in grees eyes for ever so just be careful but I do believe many ppl are honest traders just retiring from the game so don't take 1 bad experience as what always happens

SUPg

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2014, 10:20:41 AM »
I play it safe when I bought my first account the guy transferred the game and then sent I sent him money,,we even exchange phone numbers and talked on phone,when I sold account I got money first then transferred,if I woulda saw the game wouldn't transfer,I'd give money right back via email,but never had no problems,but never did business with a scammer,I've been fortunate to have dealt with good honest mw players

Kirky1980

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 03:25:29 AM »
Hi all been reading abit hereand there but may be interested in buying an account soon just wondered how this was done etc as never traded anything yet also looks like u can buy cash and stuff to and wondered how this was done also, not sure I'm in the right area on here to be asking this but couldn't find any info anywhere else's sorry

Lone Wolf Repatriation

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 07:13:33 PM »

I'm in the market for a good account ... can the good Samaritans out there PM me with known scammers .... please?

Cheers,

LW