NOTE: ALL "secret cheat codes" or "developer codes" that claim to give you money, gold, or power are FAKE. Click here for more info...

Author Topic: The #1 mistake Modern War players make  (Read 11523 times)

bendall

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to RING-A-LINK Rings!
The #1 mistake Modern War players make
« on: February 04, 2013, 01:21:27 PM »
The #1 mistake Modern War players make is not placing their defense structures properly. I see people who have them all neatly stacked in a corner of their base. THIS IS WRONG!!

Defense structures (bunkers, turrets, SAMs, etc) need to be placed NEAR or NEXT TO whatever it is you want to protect (typically your high-value items).
--
Peter Bendall,

g4735_JD

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: The #1 mistake Modern War players make
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:27:19 AM »
You might as well sell them if your gonna stack them together like that

Kujo

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »
I think the biggest mistake is leveling up too quickly.  If you don't spend money on gold this can really set you back.
No Mercy Faction: 860-586-267

Rade

• New Recruit
  • Experienced Modern War Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 02:44:31 PM »
The #1 mistake Modern War players make is not placing their defense structures properly. I see people who have them all neatly stacked in a corner of their base. THIS IS WRONG!!

Defense structures (bunkers, turrets, SAMs, etc) need to be placed NEAR or NEXT TO whatever it is you want to protect (typically your high-value items).
Although it would benefit a player to have their defense structures protecting their buildings, the hassle of trying to efficiently place them out-ways the benefit in most cases. I really am not sure how much benefit a defense structure gives other than just the raw defensive stats anyway.

Radorz

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 08:30:48 AM »
The simple solution: Don't waste your hard earned money on worthless defense buildings unless you're really high level and have spare money to burn. Works for me, I haven't had a single defense building and I never will.
I enjoy to help people, ask me any questions and I will do my best to help you.

Kujo

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 11:05:19 AM »
I use defense buildings because buying units is kind of worthless at the stage I'm at.  so i use them to give a small boost to defense and also uses them as a really expensive bank.  So if my vault isn't big enough i'll sell some railguns to purchase a special building.  so i don't lsoe the money during raids

Radorz

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 11:39:27 AM »
I use defense buildings because buying units is kind of worthless at the stage I'm at.  so i use them to give a small boost to defense and also uses them as a really expensive bank.  So if my vault isn't big enough i'll sell some railguns to purchase a special building.  so i don't lsoe the money during raids
Neither do I use my money for buying units.
So I don't use money for defense buildings or units. And I don't use it on money income buildings, I get my money through raiding. I'm basically using my money on unit buildings. And events. My conclusion:
Money is overrated
I enjoy to help people, ask me any questions and I will do my best to help you.

Joe

• ----------
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 03:24:28 PM »
I get my money through raiding. 

Eventually you'll come to find that this is unsustainable.
ADD ME: 736 323 158
I don't live on the edge, but sometimes I go there to visit.

IceMan

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 03:58:02 AM »
Neither do I use my money for buying units.
So I don't use money for defense buildings or units. And I don't use it on money income buildings, I get my money through raiding. I'm basically using my money on unit buildings. And events. My conclusion:
Money is overrated

Lol untill you make over 1Mil an hour and can buy everything you want. Even drop millions in the faction a day ;)

mt

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 01:07:39 PM »
I believe the #1 mistake people make is choosing the wrong nationality.  I see so many playing the United States that rarely fight or raid - leaving stats on the table IMHO.

Kujo

• Private First Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »
I believe the #1 mistake people make is choosing the wrong nationality.  I see so many playing the United States that rarely fight or raid - leaving stats on the table IMHO.

This is probably the hardest one to avoid. First time US players pick the US because it is their country and don't know the game yet.  But I don't think it is picking the wrong country as much as it is not playing the game to the strengths of your flag.  The real question is, which flag do you think is the best to use in the game?

FrankMcBob

• Staff Sergeant
  • MODERN WAR PRIEST
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 10:55:10 AM »
There should be a United Nations nationality. It would destroy everything. Also, anyone fancy the idea of nationality wars? Groups of same nationalities face off against other groups. Don't bash at me too harshly, I came up the idea while eating Chinese takeout.
I am the best Frank in this website, and no one will convince you otherwise.

G4735_Eric

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 10:55:38 AM »
I like the USA. Stamina is expensive to build up at 2 points a piece so the fast regen I can keep my stamina number down but maximize my attacks. it all depends how often you check the game.
G4735-Top 250 faction. Looking for active players
Level 141
900k Atk 1400k Def
Ally:353 189 033

mt

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 08:36:17 AM »
You can gain a great advantage playing the USA - if you use it.  Many playing the US attack and raid very little though and would be better served by flying a different flag. 

I like the idea of dividing players by nationality - offer a bonus event here and there for British vs Chinese, or whatever.