NOTE: ALL "secret cheat codes" or "developer codes" that claim to give you money, gold, or power are FAKE. Click here for more info...

Author Topic: How to increase ATTACK and DEFENSE  (Read 26951 times)

Jbro

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
How to increase ATTACK and DEFENSE
« on: October 02, 2013, 12:57:43 PM »
Hello -

I've had this game now for a few weeks and I really dig it.  I'm level 22 and have attack at around 8500 and defense at around 11,000.  I don't really understand what I need to do to increase both?

A little help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

kiker

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: How to increase ATTACK and DEFENSE
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 01:10:11 PM »
Quite doing the map missions... so your Stats/level ratio improves.

Collect daily reward units, do boss events like the one on now... go as far as you can in it.

Basically do whatever you can to collect indestructible units of any type even if they have low stats. 

Invest in concrete plant, so your subsequent investments in boost buildings are cheaper. 

When you are "big" enough join a faction... or find a faction of lower level players.  Don't go it alone.

Buy the valor or cash "strong against" units.

Jbro

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 01:25:40 PM »
So you're saying do the map missions? 

What is an indestructible unit?  And how do I invest in concrete plant? 

Thanks!!

Jbro

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 01:29:27 PM »
Also, is it not suggested to battle rivals until I'm built up more?

Prodigy

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 01:59:04 PM »
This is what I did and I am now level 82 with 750k att and 1 mill def.

Strategy

Keep your level low:

I do not do LTQ events just for those events. I always wait until the even overlaps another non XP event. i.e. I have not done one current mission based event and won't until I can use it to get crates or pull up the epic boss to be defeated. That way I do not level up and thus able to increase my A/D and keep my level low.

I do not do any missions or attack/complete any objectives on any maps until it helps me complete either the crate events or the boss event. Neither of those events increase my XP and thus keep my lvl low as possible. But I did complete the most recent LTQ that gave me the big plane with the extra bonus connected to it.

I messed up on this account. I wish I never passed lvl 100. But I foolishly lvl'd up to get the 2k valor. All the while decreasing my effectiveness to get points from other players. This is why I started a mini account and am building it effectively. That one is lvl 99 and A300/D330

War and best WDP:

During war you get more WDP (World Domination Points) for hitting targets with higher lvl than you and closer A/D to you. i.e. if you are lvl 90 & A300/D400 and you hit a guy lvl 150 & Def 250k you will get far more WDP per hit than hitting a target of lvl 85 & def 100k.

**Strategic Trick**

Epic Boss and crates

Here is a trick to get the epic boss to come up while getting minimal XP: Go to the insurgent camp map (1st map), hit each building once, hit each walking guy once, and hit tank once. let the green XP numbers float away then go to your vault and vault the couple $$$ you just earned. If the epic boss doesn't come up do the process again. The most amount of times I have had to complete the Cycle was 3.

From Stryfe:

I start with free attack. 1 hit will beat him upto about lvl 10 or so then multiple free attacks will beat him until i need to start to regen (around lvl 20)

After that ill switch to medium attack, regen, hit and so on.

Here's the trick, once it takes more than 3 attacks to beat him u get 2 extra hits!

All u need to do is hit 3 times retreat for 3mins and then when u return u "always" have enough for 2 more hits! Regardless of the level of beat the elite this works and those extra attacks every full regen can make all the difference.

**Lastly and most importantly**

Once you beat the epic boss you must exit MW completely and wait 1 minute before doing the insurgent map trick again.

Nation selection:

Ok. In order to know which nation you should be do this. Go and raid someone. Look at your top 45 units. Count how many Infantry, Ground, Air, and sea. Which ever one has the most units in top 45 is the boost building you should upgrade first and which nation you should be.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?35951-Modern-War-FAQs&highlight=points+winning+attack

Effective Attack and Defense (eff att, Eff def)

Your eff att/def should be no lower than 2000 times your current level. The higher your eff att/def is the more WDP and BP you will earn per hit. You will really start seeing the difference at 2500-3000 times your level. For example if you are level 100 you want your A/D to be no lower than 200k/200k and preferred to be 250k/250k or even better 300k/300k.

ToF and PvP strategy:

Most BP (Battle Points) wins.

Look at the prizes very carefully before taking on a bunch of extra XP during ToF and PvP. Remember lower your level and the higher your A/D the more effective you are.

You can get ridiculous points by ONLY raiding other rival bases.

You can also attack player buildings with much higher defense than your attack. Just look for their composite building and hit it 5 times. If you do not get at least one win while hitting it 5 times then they are too strong for you to get points on. Move on.

Once you find a rival with stronger def than your atk and you can beat their composite building then move to the defense buildings for big points low XP. If you lose 1 out of 3 hits to their buildings then go knock out their strongest boost building. Then go back to attacking their defense and unit buildings.

Side note: Take out the hospital directly after the composite. This will allow u to get some units off them while you get BP on their other buildings.

From PhantomPhlyer:

PvP - Rules of Engagement

- by now everyone should know PvP aims to cause rapid leveling if you chasing for the Top bonus units

- please follow the undermentioned strategies for best results for team points and individual leveling

[Target Selections]

scout for players who are superior than yourself in terms of Level, Rank and Allies Count

for best Battle Points (BP), seek out rival with defense stats 50-100k higher than yr attack stats..if you lose in the raid, hit one of their boost bldg and should win yr subsequent raids

ONLY RAID, DO NOT ATTACK as attack gives much higher xp

RAID only their Elite Training Facility / Supply Depot / Armory (Level 7 and below should only gives 1xp) and only hit them 2/3 as the last hit will normally gives 3-4xp

if you need cash funding then go for the rivals cash bldgs

[Repair]

Do not repair any of your damaged bldgs to deter repeated raiders during the 4-5 days events except maybe yr 12/24 hrs cash bldg which you can collect on time

But then, before you start raiding someone, always check all your boost bldgs and infirmary are in 100% good condition else you ends up losing more

And if you wanna do new construction or upgrades, make sure your Cement Fty is in 100% good condition else you ends up paying more

[Acquire some PvP Buddies]

- whenever u come across a rival that gave excellent BPs, say above 700 BPs (or the highest BPs u get at ya level), drop him a note asking if he wanna exchange BPs til PvP ends targeting everything except cash

Retired dontpmme

• Corporal
    • View Profile
How to increase ATTACK and DEFENSE
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 03:00:58 PM »
@Blitzkreig,

Your points are the best advice for modern war game i read till date :)

I wish all newbies read it, before running behind regular missions and leveling up...

Prodigy

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 03:16:07 PM »
Thanks

kiker

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 05:53:21 AM »
Yes, excellent tutorial!   :D

mt

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 08:13:47 AM »
Also, join a faction and participate!  The units they are giving for faction events now are really good.

LosKevanos

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 12:08:47 PM »
Besides achieving the indestructible trophies from the multiple individual events and faction events and WD events which give you a substantial increase, purchasing multiple valor and cash units, increasing your allies to 500 and unit count 2000 (soon to be 3000)... You can capitalize on your top units by building and increasing your bonus buildings and joining a good faction to get stat bonuses.  I highly recommend utilizing free video gold to save up purchase a composite factory.  Alot of it is going to take time... It's a steady process that you must keep progressing on a daily basis.

Tony Snow

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »
yeah I wish I'd read this 3 weeks ago when I first started playing because most games its logic taht you want to level up. I didn't realize lit was a bad thing until a little over a week ago so I'm at level 79 with 119k/148K

second acct I started 10 days ago is in much better shape, wish it was my primary account now :-/
241-710-189
Level 120
A:446k D:499k IPH: 370k
(began playing 9/11/2013)

The Pharoah

• Private First Class
  • LVL UP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 05:20:27 PM »
yeah I wish I'd read this 3 weeks ago when I first started playing because most games its logic taht you want to level up. I didn't realize lit was a bad thing until a little over a week ago so I'm at level 79 with 119k/148K

second acct I started 10 days ago is in much better shape, wish it was my primary account now :-/

It never really mattered until Gree brought in WD. Now there are such huge differences between players in the same level, I guess it's smart to keep your level down. Some latecomers have never even completed a map mission, because factions and LTQs became the name of the game when WD started, and everything that we'd all built, bought, and stolen, up to that point became worthless overnight. That's messed up, man, what kind of game punishes you for levelling up? >:(
22 SAS
Level 259
51M Attack
62M Defence

pooch

• Staff Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »
How is this faction mission doing with your plan to NOT level up?  LOL  Hope you are not in a faction at lower levels!!

The Pharoah

• Private First Class
  • LVL UP!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 01:48:15 AM »
How is this faction mission doing with your plan to NOT level up?  LOL  Hope you are not in a faction at lower levels!!

Gree is whipping us with these events to make us race for faction supremacy!  :D
22 SAS
Level 259
51M Attack
62M Defence

Commander Roodog

• New Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 10:55:18 PM »
Blitzkreig's advice is the best I have ever read. Thank you. I realise now that I have made a HUGE bunch of errors and boy am I paying for it now.
One thing I will be doing is changing my faction. I have two really good ones from which to choose, and I  shall be taking Blitzkreig's advice on my llp account!